Sticking to Your New Year’s Resolution
How do you break the yearly cycle of yo-yo dieting? How do you make it so that on Dec. 31st 2016 you're still on track with your new year's resolution from Jan. 1 2016?
In this week's edition of Wellness Wednesday we talk about how to successfully stick to your New Year's Resolution. Here are the keys to success:
- Come up with a series of small wins over time that you know you can achieve to build up a long-term habit.
- Realize that real change doesn't come in a short period of time. Give yourself 2-3 months to really establish a habit.
- Find someone who can hold you accountable to your own goals whether it's a friend, family member, or coach.
- The same person who's holding you accountable also needs to be a source or support and encouragement. They can't just be a drill sergeant who yells at you and berates you when you don't stick to the plan.
Do you have a health, fitness, or weight loss goal you're looking to accomplish in the new year? Check out our 90-day nutrition challenge here, which incorporates all the tips above to help you succeed at achieving your goal.
Christmas Truffles-Amy’s Treat Corner
In this month's edition of Amy's Treat Corner Amy whips up some delicious Christmas truffles that you can easily make and bring with you to Christmas gatherings. These truffles require no cooking and take less than 30mins to make. We've included the recipes below.
Short on time? Watch the 90-second preview video here:
Walnut Honey Fig Truffles:
- 20 Figs Approximately
- 1/2 C Walnuts chopped
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 cap full Vanilla Extract
Put all ingredients in blender and mix tell mixture comes together in ball form. Makes approx. 12-15 - roll in crushed walnuts if desired.
Pecan Coffee Date Truffles:
- 20 Pitted Dates Approximately
- 1/2 C Pecans chopped
- 1/2 C Strong coffee or Espresso (soak dates in for 10mins to 1 day ahead)
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
Put all ingredients in blender and mix tell mixture comes together in ball form. Makes approx. 12-15 - roll in cocoa powder and top with chocolate covered espresso beans.
Almond Coconut Date Truffles:
- 25 Pitted Dates Approximately
- 1/2 C Almonds slivered
- 1/2 Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cap full Almond Extract
Put all ingredients in blender and mix tell mixture comes together in ball form. Makes approx. 15 - roll in finely shredded coconut if desired.
Are weight loss and health the same thing?
Are weight loss and health the same thing?-CFSB Wellness Wednesday
The number #1 health and fitness goal most people have, especially around this time of year, is weight loss. But what if instead of focusing on weight loss as the primary goal we focused on health first? In this week's video we explain why focusing on health first leads to so many more long-term sustainable results than focusing on weight loss as the primary goal.
Short on time? Check out the 90 second preview here:
Healthy Eating While Traveling
In this week's edition of Wellness Wednesday we give you a number of go-to healthy food options that do not involve any cooking at all. A lot of people are traveling this time of year, and we wanted to give you a few healthy eating options to take with you when you're traveling.
Most healthy food requires cooking, but sometimes you're traveling or you have those days at work where you're just too tired to cook. For those times, here are some great options for you to choose from.
2016 CFSB Whole90 Nutrition Challenge-Wellness Wednesday
In this week's Wellness Wednesday video we give you all the details for the 2016 CFSB Whole90 Nutrition challenge.
How will the Whole90 help you achieve your goals in 2016?
-It wil help you lose weight without calorie counting, carb counting, or point counting
-It will help you focus on health first, which leads to long-term sustainable weight loss
-It will teach you how to have a healthy relationship with food for the rest of your life
Click the link below to reserve your spot for the 2016 Whole90:
Enter discount code "earlybird" at checkout until 12/15/16 to get $10 off for each month of the Whole90.
2016 Whole90 Gym Nutrition Challenge
It’s that time of year again! We’re gearing up for our 2016 Whole90.
What’s the Whole90? It’s our yearly gym nutrition challenge.
Year after year, we see so many people finally achieve their health, weight loss, and fitness goals just by changing their nutrition for the better.
We hope you decide to join us this year for what is sure to be our best nutrition challenge yet.
Here’s some basic info about our 2016 Whole90 nutrition challenge.
Why should I do the Whole90 nutrition challenge?
- Whether you’re looking to lose weight, gain strength, be more healthy, or just look good in a bathing suit proper nutrition is the foundation for achieving all those goals.
- Here at CrossFit South Bend we have the knowledge and experience to guide you, support you, and keep you accountable in your quest to achieve your goals.
What kind of results can I expect if I sign up?
- Check out our testimonials page to see what kind of results you can expect.
- Depending on how much weight you have to lose, it’s definitely possible to lose 24-36lbs in a healthy and sustainable way over the course of the 3 months (about 8-12lbs per month)
- Your health and fitness will also dramatically improve as a result of changing your nutrition for the better
When will the challenge take place?
- Friday January 15th to Tuesday April 15th 2016
How does Whole90 nutrition challenge work?
- Month 1: Your coach will help you gradually transition from how you’re currently eating to a way of eating that consists primarily of real whole food
- Month 2: All challenge participants will complete a Whole30, where you eat completely clean real whole food for 30 days with no exceptions
- Month 3: After the Whole30 we’ll show you how to reintroduce certain gray-area foods like dairy, rice, and red wine back into your food rotation. We’ll also teach you how to eat healthy for the rest of your life.
What does the Whole90 nutrition challenge include if I sign up?
- Personal Nutrition Coaching:
- You will be given a nutrition coach who will be guiding you, supporting you, and holding you accountable to your own goals through the entire 90 day nutrition challenge
- Weekly food journal review via email by your nutrition coach
- Unlimited email questions to your nutrition coach
- Weights, Measurements, and Pictures
- Every month you will get weights, measurements and pictures taken at the gym to measure your progress and keep you accountable to your goals
- Weekly how-to guides via email:
- Each week we will send you how-to guides via email on a number of different topics. Topics include saving money, eating out at restaurants, and dealing with family and friends while eating healthy.
- Weekly Nutrition Talks:
- 10 weekly talks at the gym by CFSB Head Nutrition Coach Robby Gustin to help you maximize your success during the 90 day challenge
- In person Q&A sessions at talks so you can get your most pressing nutrition questions answered in person
- Whole9 Resource Guide
- The Whole9 Resource Guide explains all the rules for eating healthy, provides delicious recipes, and offers you ready made grocery lists and tips for your Whole90.
- Exclusive Facebook Group
- An exclusive Facebook group only for participants in the challenge to share recipe ideas, travel tips, foods to try, and words of support and encouragement
- Grocery Store Tour
- Robby Gustin will be leading a Paleo Grocery Store tour at Whole Foods in early January that is open to all Whole90 participants
How do I sign up?
- Option 1 (Easiest): Tell a coach at the gym that you’d like to sign up and they’ll swipe your card through the iPad to reserve your spot with a non-refundable deposit (this will also be your first month’s payment for the Whole90)
- Option 2: Go to crossfit-south-bend.myshopify.com/ reserve your spot online with a non-refundable deposit
How much does it cost?
- $75 a month for 3 months
- This is for early birds who sign up from Nov. 30th-Dec.14th
- Use code "earlybird" if signing up online to change the price from $85 to $75
- This is 65% off our normal one-on-one nutrition coaching prices per month
- $85 a month for 3 months
- This is for anyone who signs up from Dec. 15th 2015 to Jan. 15th 2016
- This is 60% off our normal one-on-one nutrition coaching prices per month
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pecan Pie Recipe
Today marks the beginning of a new monthly segment for CFSB Wellness Wednesdays: "Amy's Treat Corner"
Every month Amy will show you how to make a delicious treat that you can share with your family and friends for a special occasion.
In this video Amy shows you how to make a Sweet Potato Pumpkin Pecan Pie dessert that you can bring with you to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.
Food Quality vs. Food Quantity
Food Quality vs. Food Quantity