2019 09 18
- Teams and Points
- Saturday workout options
1. Open Wod Release DatesTo the best of our knowledge, here is the upcoming schedule for the CrossFit Open Workouts RELEASE Wod 1: October 10th Wod 2: October 17th Wod 3: October 24th Wod 4: October 31st Wod 5: November 7th This means that the workout will be held at CrossFit South Bend on the following Saturday after each of these Thursday release dates.
2. Saturday schedule and heatsIf you come in on Saturday, you are at the mercy of the Open Workout schedule. Arrive at 8:55am Wod briefing begins at 9:05am Release to prep and warm up 9:20 First Heat Begins 9:40 After that, we will have consecutive heats running end to end, with 5-10 minute buffers between throughout the entire morning, ending at Noon. The heat registration will be first come first serve, how many people we can fit into a heat depend on equipment and space usage.
3. Getting validated if you've registeredYou may come in to any of the schedule heats on Saturday morning where there will only be 1-3 registered athletes allowed in each heat - this amount is depending on judge availability. If you cannot make it into a Saturday, you may use any scheduled open gym time to perform your workout, video the workout, and submit it online. This also goes for anyone who wishes to "retest" a workout - this applies to people who have registered online - you must video your attempt, and submit it online to be viewed by an online judge. CFSB Open gym schedule - https://crossfitsouthbend.com/schedule/
4. Notes/FAQWhat if I don't know how to perform a movement? The Saturday Open wods are not a time to learn an entirely movement on the spot. These are a test style format, don't be intimidated by that - simply choose the best modified workout for you that we will provide you with on the board! Is there a fee to perform the workouts on Saturday? Nope! come in and have fun How do I register? Head here! https://open.crossfit.com Be sure to select CrossFit South Bend as your affiliate What are the rules of the open? If you intend on registering, read the open competition rulebook here https://games.crossfit.com/rules/open What are the movement standards for each workout? You are responsible for reading the workout description and understanding what is required of you before beginning the workout. What if I cannot do the workout on a Saturday? If you have registered for the Open and wish to be validated on any other time other than Saturday it is your responsibility to come in during an Open gym time (your registration will count as an open gym for the duration of the open), video your attempt, and submit it online. If you have not registered for the Open, you must get an open Gym Membership through the duration of the open. What if I don't have an Open Gym Membership? Your registration will count as your Open Gym fee through the duration of the open, after the open you can choose whether or not to continue your Open Gym membership. If you haven't registered for the open and wish to perform workouts off to the side - you must get an open gym membership which is $20/month. You may contact email@example.com to get one of these. What are the rules of open gym? Class takes priority, you must work around the class to use equipment and space. Speak to a coach to get the best possible outcome, if the Open workout takes an invasive amount of equipment and space you may have to wait to perform your workout.
2019 09 17
2019 09 11
2019 09 04
2019 08 30
2019 08 28
2019 08 23
2019 08 21
2019 08 14
- Lost 10lbs of body fat and 3 inches off her waist even though she was at a pretty healthy weight to begin with
- Still made progress even though traveling for 11 out of the 12 weeks we were working together and she was in her last semester of Law School
- Was surprised at how easy the transition was to eating healthy because she didn't feel like she was changing everything all at once
- Felt like eating this way long-term is definitely sustainable.
- Had improvements in her digestion
- Said her workouts have been easier and recovery has been better
- Said her headaches has made a big difference
- Said her emotional eating improved things a lot
2019 08 07