Top 5 Ways to Save Money on Produce
In this video we talk about the top 5 ways to save money on produce at the grocery store.
1. Use the Environmental Working Group’s Dirty Dozen and Clean Fifteen list to save money. Use this list to buy organic off the dirty dozen list and save money by not buying organic on the clean fifteen list.
2. Buy local and seasonal fruits and veggies. A strawberry is a lot cheaper in July than December. Not only is this cheaper, but local and seasonal produce actually tastes better.
3. Use a CSA-a community supported agriculture group. You get a box of surplus veggies and fruits each week, and you get exposure to new ones that you might not have used before.
4. Go for vegetables over fruits. This not only saves you money but it’s way better for your health. Fruits are way more expensive than vegetables and are not nearly as good for your health as vegetables.
5. Buy the whole vegetable or the whole fruit. Any time someone is cutting something up for you at the store it will cost you a lot more than cutting it up yourself.
2018 09 19