Introducing: Mindfulness Mondays
Have you noticed it? The strange paradox of our modern world?
Despite incredible advances in technology and society, we’re still struggling to live well.
Personal wellbeing takes the back seat to outdated narratives of how you should spend your time and act in order to be “successful”.
The challenges of modern life are all too common:
- Stuck in an unfulfilling job
- Struggling to build healthy habits, when the “easy way out” is always close by
- Disconnected from the people around you
- Confused as to why you feel unhappy when you have so much
- And many others…
While these challenges may be common, their solutions are not. Since the conventional way of operating got us here in the first place, it’s time for a new approach.
The Path Forward Starts From Within
There isn’t a silver bullet to solve these problems. But cultivating a mindset of Mindful Ambition unlocks a world of opportunity.
“Mindful Ambition”? What the heck is that?
I’m glad you asked. 😃
Mindful Ambition is a mindset that integrates two powerful life forces:
- Mindfulness grounds you in awareness and presence.
- Ambition drives you forward to learn, grow, and develop.
When you cultivate a mindset of Mindful Ambition, life starts to look like this:
- You’re rooted in appreciation and gratitude for the life you live
- You’re in tune with yourself and know what your priorities are
- You’re growing and learning every day, uninhibited by limiting beliefs
- You measure your success by internal satisfaction, not other people’s standards
- You’re solution-oriented, and don’t shy from discomfort if it means solving a problem
- You’re healthy: mentally, physically, and financially
Above all else, you’re living your life with intention.
Train Your Mind, Change Your Life
Your mental state dictates how you feel about every experience in life.
And just like you come to CFSB to train your body, mindfulness helps you train your mind.
Brandon invited me to share articles on mindfulness with the CFSB community.
You can expect to hear from me each Monday, with new mindful strategies to help you live your best life.
I’m so passionate about this because my mindfulness journey has improved my life in countless ways.
In the past few years alone, I’ve…
- Vanquished limiting beliefs
- Built better habits
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased my confidence
- Conquered fears
- Improved my decision-making
- Cultivated gratitude
- And more…
I can’t wait to see where this journey takes you!
What actually is mindfulness?
- A state of being…
- where you maintain nonjudgemental awareness…
- in the present moment.
For more on mindfulness, check out The Beginner’s Guide to Mindfulness.
I’m in. How do I get more Mindful Ambition in my life?
Join the Mindful Ambition email community to get Mindful Monday Mornings, a weekly newsletter designed to start every week on the right foot!
Who is this Patrick guy?
I am a coach, strategist, and writer. My purpose is to live my best life and help others do the same. I work with ambitious professionals who want to do big things while optimizing for their personal wellbeing.
Outside of Mindful Ambition, I’m an avid mover, from rock climbing to yoga to strength training. I also love photography, music, reading, and exploring the world around me.
If you have any questions, just email me: patrick [at] mindfulambition.net.
2017 05 22