InBody® Body Fat Analysis now available at CFSB!
CrossFit South Bend is now officially home to one of the most advanced body-fat scanning devices on the market outside of a medical or research setting. The device is called the Inbody 270 Body Fat Scanner.
Why is this a big deal?
- Put as simply as possible, weight loss is not the same as fat loss. There’s a very big difference between the two. Most people when they say they want to lose weight mean that they want to lose body fat.
- Most store bought body-fat scanners whether they are handheld or scales are wildly inaccurate. The InBody 270 is highly accurate.
- Someone can lose inches and look a lot better even though they’re the same weight, and that’s because of the muscle to fat ratio. The InBody will be able to reveal this whereas a normal scale cannot.
What will the Inbody tell me?
- It will tell you your weight (obviously), but in addition to that it will tell you:
- Lean Muscle Mass
- Body Fat Percentage
- Total Body Water Content (Hydration/Dehydration status)
- Basal Metabolic Rate (the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight)
- Muscle mass and body fat in different body segments
- It will also track your progress over time and show you how things have changed over months and years.
How much does it normally cost for a scan?
- CFSB Members
- $70 a scan for one scan
- $50 a scan for two or more scans
- General Public (non-CFSB Member)
- $100 a scan for one scan
- $70 a scan for two or more scans
Is CFSB giving any discounts for the first scan?
Yes. Everyone’s first scan will be 50% off.
- CFSB Member
- $35 for first scan (50% off)
- General Public (non-CFSB Member)
- $50 for first scan (50% off)
How do I take advantage of the 50% off first scan price?
- CFSB Member: If you’re a CFSB member all you need to do is book a date and time for a free 30min Current Member Goal session through our Acuity scheduling software. As you’re booking your meeting you’ll see that a 50% InBody first scan add-on is available to add on to the meeting. Just select that and enter your credit card info, and then we’ll do the scan during the Current Member Goal meeting. Here’s the link to book the Current Member Goal meeting:
- General Public (non-CFSB Member): If you’re not a CFSB member all you need to do is book a date and time for a free 30min No Sweat Intro session through our Acuity scheduling software. As you’re booking your meeting you’ll see that a 50% InBody first scan add-on is available to add on to the meeting. Just select that and enter your credit card info, and then we’ll do scan during the No Sweat Intro meeting. Here’s the link to book the No Sweat Intro meeting:
- How do I get my scans done?
- The way we’ll be starting with everyone is that in order to take advantage of your first scan at 50% off, you need to schedule a current member goal meeting (current CFSB member) or a no sweat intro (for non-CFSB members). That way we can provide you with an interpretation of your test results and we can talk about your goals with you.
- How do I schedule or purchase future scans?
- After your first scan you can schedule a follow-up InBody scan with a special link that you’ll get after your first scan allowing you to purchase more InBody scans and schedule them.
- Will I get a print out of my information?
- Yes, you’ll get a very detailed printed copy of your results that you can take with you.
- How long does the Inbody scan itself take?
- No more than 3-5 minutes
- Do I need to wear anything special?
- Basically you’ll undress to the level of your comfort. For some people that’s gym clothes like shorts and a T-Shirt, which is fine for others that could be a sports bra and shorts for women or just boxers for guys. It’s really up to you and your comfort level. You’ll remove anything metallic as this can interfere with the electrical impulses used to measure body fat such as a watch or a chain.
- Do I need to undress like Brandon does in the video and have Chad oil me up with coconut oil?
- No, but it’s pretty hilarious that this video led to that question.
- How does the Inbody track my progress?
- The first time you use the machine you’ll create an account number (your cell number is usually an easy one to remember). Then every time you get another scan you enter that account number and it will automatically reference your previous results and plot them on the print out.
2017 08 09