[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][container][text_output]Nutrition has always been important to me. When Robby and I first discussed the Whole 30, I made the comment that he’d have trouble cleaning up my diet and what my family eats. Well, he succeeded…
Most people think a lot about what they will lose with the whole 30, that’s all I heard from other people, until I started mine. Sure, you’ll lose some fat, maybe a few pounds, but what will you gain? That’s where I feel like I really hit my stride, especially on a rough day, shifting focus to my gains.
Here’s what I have gained…
· A more thoughtful, present lifestyle. I was very surprised at how much introspection came along with the Whole 30. Hello, WHOLE 30, not body 30! Being more cognizant of cause and effect, what am I doing to relax, is this stressing me out, how do I change what I don’t like, etc…. you get the idea. The Whole 30 isn’t just about your body.
· A son asking me some tough questions, like does gluten make you sick? For him yes. Not his tummy, but his brain. The difference when he’s not on gluten, huge. He can actually focus. Without the whole 30, I never would have thought of gluten!
· Pride in how my body is changing, lots more muscle. I was terrified of turning 40. Now? It doesn’t phase me to tell people. I’m actually kind of proud of it 🙂 CFSB has a lot to do with that too!
· Sleep. I have three boys, and I can fall asleep again….and stay asleep…
· I feel great. All the time.
· Most of all, I am done talking down to myself. Melissa Joulwan wrote an amazing article that sums it up. Our precious bodies. If only we ALWAYS treated our bodies as the special gift they are all the time. Our bodies deserve healthy food and being taken care of, this includes being nice to ourselves. This has been positive for EVERYONE I know and I can’t share it enough.
What I’ve gained is awesome, but what I’ve lost isn’t all the bad either!
· Almost an inch off my waist and one inch off my hips.
· My husband lost 15 pounds in the first 3 weeks and has been heartburn free since! All while eating MEAT and FAT, until he was full.
· PMS. Seriously, need I say more?
And we continue to see gains. My husband continues to lose weight, my boys are all happy and eating healthy. And Mama just bought herself a new bikini. :)[/text_output][image type=”none” float=”none” link=”true” target=”blank” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover” src=”12707″ href=”https://crossfit-south-bend.myshopify.com/collections/nutrition-coaching”][/container][/vc_column][/vc_row]
2015 08 09